Sunday, June 24, 2018

32 - When Eve Fell In Love With The Apple

I love apples. It is and it has always been my favorite fruit. I bet we all know the story of how it was associated with original sin in the old testament. Well, I just never thought I'd relate it with you. Apples. Sin. Love. You.

Love, you were all the wrong sorts of a man for me. There were red flags, right from the start, that I chose to ignore. You made me feel things I never thought I'm capable of - desire, envy, love so profound yet unfounded. The emotions were so heavy they disturbed the hell out of me. Having you was a sin, I know that by now. You were the apple the devil tempted me to pick - which I did. I did. Whether it was my lack of better judgment or the serpent being so damn cunning; bottomline is -- I ate the apple and have lost the innocence of a child. I would never look at the world the same way that I did before you. You were knowledge, you were pain, you were a lie. I loved you. I love you. But my love, I cannot be blind anymore.

I was the Eve who fell in love with an apple and have lost herself in the process. Momentarily, I forgot there was an Adam in the story, and that above all else, it is God who writes the story of our lives. The apple was a test, a lesson I have learned the hard way. I realized, the apple could be anything - Money. Pleasure. Riches. A boy - Things we desire so badly it lead us to sin. Things that make us go weak on the knees we'd stumble and fall. But what better position it is to repent than on bended knees?

Yes. Eve fell in love with the apple, but today, Eve no longer wants to love the apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment